Welcome to Afcan Recycling
The rapid pace of advancement tends to render current technology outdated within 5 years of purchase. Because of this most people replace instead of upgrade their computer technology. What happens to old outdated machines? Tossing it in the trash can cause great harm to the environment. Instead of creating a source of pollution, turn to Afcan E-Waste Recycling to ensure that your outdated computer and electronics are properly recycled or reused.
What types of e-waste do we accept?
When you contact Afcan Recycling to have your old computer dropped off for free you can be assured that usable parts will be taken and reconditioned while unusable toxic parts will be properly recycled or disposed. Afcan Recycling takes your CPUs, monitors, keyboards and more. Instead of sending them to the landfill where toxins like lead, beryllium, mercury, and cadmium can leech out into the surrounding soil and create a disaster in the making, make the choice to have those parts recycled.
Not only can you help by recycling these older electronics, but there are ways to take steps to ensure that you need not deal with the issue as often.
- Reuse your old monitor instead of buying a new one. Monitors contain lead. Reuse keeps that out of the landfill longer. When you need a new one recycle the old one.
- Upgrade your system until it cannot be upgraded anymore before tossing it and moving to a new one. Often, more memory or a bigger hard drive can squeeze more life out of an aging system. Changing the OS to Linux can also increase life of a computer.
- Consider donation of old electronics that still work to charities. A child will happily use a slower computer for standard web surfing and light game play. Homework can be completed on an older machine easily.
- Look for components that can be reused. Memory, power supplies, speakers, and more can be reused instead of being replaced in some cases.
- When all other options are gone contact Afcan E-Waste Recycling to properly dispose of your old computer.
Afcan E-Waste Recycling will take desktops, laptops, printers, monitors, television sets, servers, spare parts for any of the above, and more. Not only will you get a certificate to prove safe disposal but we will take extra steps to ensure that all confidential information is permanently destroyed so that anything that is re-certified contains nothing that should not be on it. Using Afcan E-Waste Recycling gives you the peace of mind that your old electronics will be reused or recycled and kept out of the waste stream.